Motorfyrskib nr II


Home Up About the Society Membership Executive Board Working Groups General Forum Members Area

 

    

 

 

 

 

Source of Image: David Ian Wright (Wales)
Date of Image: July 1st, 2006

 

International Designation Number:

Motorfyrskib nr II
 

Vessel Name: 

Motorfyrskib nr II

 

Previous Name/s:
Station: 1917-1920             Gilleleje Flak N. Station
1920-1927        Grådyb Station
1927             Horns Rev Station
1930-1939   Vyl Station (40 km west of Esbjerg)
1946-1947 SW 1 Station (40 km west of Thyborøn)
1947-1969 Vyl Station
De-commissioned: 1978
Authority:

 

Construction:
Date of Construction: 1916
Builder: Rasmus Møller Værft, Fåborg, Denmark'
Material:
Cost:
Length: 33.58 m
Depth: 3.47 m
Beam: 6.82 m
Weight: 342 ton

 

 

Technical Data:

Elevation:
Range:
Propulsion: Two Cylinder Two Stroke Engine 125 HK.
Anchor: Mushroom Anchor, later Patent Anchor.
Operational Dates: 1916 until 1978.
Crew:

Notes:

1978 sold for 31,000 DKK by auction to the Dragør Sailing Club. They restored the lightship for 500,000 DKK and used it as a club ship. After some years the ship was economically not longer viable for the club

1985 in January sold for 500,000 DKK to Arp Hansen, who is the owner of the Nyhavn Hotel in Copenhagen.

Today the lightship is a summer restaurant ship in the Nyhavn in Copenhagen

End of the 90's it was sold to a new owner.

29.09.2006 The lightship was towed away from Copenhagen by a tug from Poland.

March 2008 The lightship was in Gdansk in Poland, being overhauled.